Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Book Review: Char by Mercy Amare

Book: Char
Author: Mercy Amare
Release Date: October 9, 2013

Synopsis:
 
I’m Charlotte York, but you can call me Char.

My life is perfect. Except for the fact that my older sister is posing naked for Playboy. And my mom wants me to be just like her. Oh, and I caught my boyfriend cheating on me. But other than that, it’s definitely perfect... Until the paparazzi publishes a picture of me smoking weed.

Now I am being forced to move to NYC with my dad. Too bad I hate New York.

At least there is Tristan Becker. He makes NY better. But he won’t date me because he thinks my best friend is in love with me. Which is absolutely not true... Or at least I don't think it is.

As you can see my life is just... perfect.


My Review:

** I received an ARC from the author in exchange for a honest review. ** 

Char is seventeen and comes from a well-to-do family. Her mom is an actress-turned-manager. Her father is a well-known divorce lawyer. And her two sisters are models/actresses. All Char wants is to be normal and live a normal life. Which she tries to accomplish by hanging out surfing and smoking weed with her best friend, Aaron. But, one day she is photographed by the paparazzi smoking weed. Her mother is afraid that she will ruin her sisters' careers while her father is afraid she will ruin her future. The solution? Send her to New York to live with her father. Char was convinced that New York would be the end to her life. However, it was quite the opposite. Being in New York showed Char what a normal life she could have. And it was helpful to have a sweet, smart, and rich hottie like Tristan around. Char grew up a lot while being in New York, including learning about love. True love, not the lust that she had previously had.

I enjoyed this book. In fact, I have approved it for my teen to read. While there is illegal drug use and sexual tones, this is not something my teen does not already know about. This is a fabulous book for young adults to read as it shows how the main character develops from immature to mature at age seventeen/eighteen. The author did an excellent job in developing the characters and story. I hope that other characters in this book get a book of their own to see how they grow and develop individually.

I give Char ★ ★ ★ ★ ½ 

Where to buy Char: 


Author Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment